Andromeda Systems Incorporated provides comprehensive and cost-effective engineering solutions through the synergistic application of the cross-disciplinary talent of our team. By leveraging the depth of knowledge and breadth of experience from all of our service areas, the Engineering Team combines leading-edge technology with classical analysis methods, to develop or modify systems, improve processes, and resolve problems for military and commercial systems including aircraft, ground vehicles, facilities, and industrial equipment.
The primary focus of our Engineering Division is to provide engineering services in core functional areas of asset sustainment efforts, which include product modification, product repair, production support, fleet support, and service life extension efforts. Our staff includes subject matter experts in aircraft structures, as well as mechanical and electrical systems used on aircraft, vehicles, buildings, mining equipment, and many other applications. We are also experienced in the design and implementation of condition monitoring systems in a wide range of applications from aircraft to data centers to underground mines.
Our structural engineers are highly experienced in performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Stress and Strain-Life methods of Fatigue Analysis, and Damage Tolerance Analysis. We provide support in all phases of systems engineering from initial acquisition to post-production fleet support. Our Systems Engineering staff includes systems safety subject matter experts experienced in assessing in service systems performance and failures, assessing and assigning hazard risks, performing engineering investigations to determine root causes of failure, supporting mishap boards, and supporting systems obsolescence and service life extension efforts.
Similarly, our Electrical Engineering Staff includes subject matter experts experienced in performing electrical loads analysis, assessing electromagnetic compatibility and interference, providing design, analysis, and testing services, microcontroller integration and operational algorithms development, and sensor integration for onboard performance monitoring systems.
Aircraft Modification & Repair
- All Phases of Engineering Change Development
- Change Assessments impacting:
- Certification Requirements
- Fatigue Life
- Avionics Installation and Modification
- Design Change Documentation
- MRB Engineering Support to Modification Lines
Model BasedDefinition Validation/Verification of Solid Models
- 2D/3D Part Assembly and Design
- Additive Manufacturing
- CAD Conversion and Re-Drafting
- 3D Electrical Wiring and Harness Design
- 3D Assembly Models with Exploded View and Parts Clarification
Electrical/Electronic Systems Design & Integration
- Electrical Load Analysis
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and Interference Design, Analysis and Testing
- Microcontrollers Integration and Operational Algorithms Development
- Reliability Modeling of Device and Systems
- Sensor Integration for Onboard Performance Monitoring Systems
- Systems Design, Analysis and Integration
- Systems Engineering Support
Fleet Support Engineering
- Engineering Change Development
- Engineering and Aircraft Mishap Investigations
- Process Improvement and Mapping
- Repair Development and Substantiation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Technical Directives
- Technical Instruction Development
- MRB Engineering Support to Maintenance, Modification and Overhaul Lines
- Repair Development and Substantiation
- Metallic and Composite Structures
- Tool development
- Avionics and Wiring Installation
- In-Service or New System
- Improvement Programs
- Modeling and Simulation
- Program Development
- Reliability Growth Analysis
- Electrical, Mechanical & Structural Specification and Performance Matching
- 2D/3D Drawing/Model Development
- Additive Manufacturing and Prototyping
- Analytical Substantiation
- Validation and Verification
- Static Strength Analysis
- Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Certification and Airworthiness Report Development
- Web-Based Engineering Tool Development
Solutions and Products Delivered
- Navy/Air Force T-6 Aircraft Condition Inspection Specification developed using Damage Tolerance Analysis, Force Structure Maintenance Plan, Reliability-Centered Maintenance Analysis, and Aging Aircraft experience.
- Design and implementation of an acoustic emissions structural damage detection system on patrol aircraft including the development of engineering data packages, structural analysis, detail and installation structural and wiring drawings for the installation.
- Design and installation of a cable tension monitoring system for an underground salt mine elevator.
- Structural analysis and certification report development for equipment rack installations on patrol aircraft.
- Service Life Assessment of
Cold WorkedStringer Weep Holes for E-6 using Non-Linear Finite Element Analysis.
- Crack Growth and Residual Strength Analysis of T-45 PCU Actuator components in support of Service Life Extension Efforts.
- Airframe Repair and Modification with associated Analytical Substantiation combining structural and mechanical design and analysis functions.
- Application development and deployment of web-based engineering analysis tools produced by structural and mechanical engineering and information technology.
- Created 3D finite element model of T-45 flap hinge providing accurate peak elastic stress response to cyclic loading and resulting in the elimination of rework to nearly 400 flap sets and a multi-million dollar cost savings to the program.
Learn how we can help you optimize the support of your fleets and physical assets.