About RCM Training
Our Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) training program provides you with the fundamental concepts necessary for determining appropriate preventive maintenance requirements and other failure mitigation strategies. RCM applies to any industry that requires safe, reliable, and cost-effective performance from their physical assets including, but are not limited to Defense, Aerospace, Maritime, Transportation, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Chemical Processing, Petroleum, Mining, Facilities, Agriculture, Alternative Energy, Energy Distribution, and Power Generation.
When completing our training program, you will have the knowledge necessary to apply RCM analysis to develop effective, RCM-based maintenance programs. RCM training provides to attendees the principles and analysis techniques needed to realize required capability and reliability of physical assets at the minimum possible cost and lowest risk through the mitigation of equipment failures. Learn the analysis techniques used around the world by military and public and commercial sector organizations to define and deploy world-class maintenance programs. We provide you with the knowledge and experience necessary to begin applying a logical and comprehensive SAE JA1011 compliant RCM process at your facility or on your fleet.
Types of RCM Training
RCM affects operations at all levels of the organization. The RCM course offerings reflect the different needs of executives, reliability managers, and others who interact with the RCM decision-making process and/or daily maintenance schedule.
For Executives & Managers
RCM 100 • 1 hour • RCM Executive Overview
For Reliability Managers
RCM 101 • 3 days • Fundamentals of RCM Analysis
RCM 201 • 2 days • Advanced topics
For RCM Support Staff
RCM 102 • 2 days • Terminology and concepts
Benefits of RCM Training
RCM strategy provides critical insights into equipment performance, identifies system improvements, optimizes operations & support, enhances business decisions, and achieves measurable life-cycle cost savings.
- Increased confidence in capital equipment decision making
- More reliable plant and operating equipment; improved machine uptime
- Optimal solutions for responding to failure modes
- Ability to audit performance equipment
- More accurate planning and budgeting for capital equipment
- Deliver to management the highest possible plant utility and performance
- Make sense of and leverage failure data
- Make informed risk decisions on paper using quantifiable (and explainable) formula
Who is RCM for?
- Fleet/asset managers
- Maintenance planners/managers
- Reliability managers/engineers
- Field service representatives
- Maintenance technicians
- Supportability professionals
- Executive management
Choose Your RCM Training
RCM Executive Overview
A high-level overview of the Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) process, to include benefits, data requirements, and the role of RCM in an overall asset management program. Intended for managers and decision makers interested in or considering implementing an RCM effort. This course can be tailored to a specific customer and performed virtually or on-site.
- A management level understanding of RCM and its component processes
- An understanding of resources involved in undertaking an RCM effort (Who, What, When, and How)
- What benefits and return on investment are traditionally expected from an RCM effort
- RCM total outcomes
The Overview will provide what it takes to implement the RCM process and what benefits you can expect upon implementation. In addition, it provides examples of the common pitfalls an organization should avoid.
Fundamentals of RCM Analysis
An introduction to the RCM process that provides the instruction and practical application required to apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analysis to physical assets. The course provides instruction in a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard JA1011 compliant RCM process. This course delivers training designed to provide an understanding of RCM disciplines as they relate to developing efficient preventative maintenance programs. Intended for personnel who will perform or facilitate RCM analyses.
- Theory and practical experience needed to implement and perform RCM analysis
- Experience developing effective failure management strategies
- An understanding of RCM’s role within asset management
- Ability to identify opportunities that may warrant a more in-depth reliability analysis
- An understanding of PSA disciplines as they relate to developing efficient
preventative maintenance programs
You’ll walk away with the instruction and practice needed to apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analysis to physical assets. The course provides instruction in a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard JA1011 compliant RCM process.
This introductory course provides training designed to provide an in-depth understanding of RCM disciplines as they relate to developing efficient preventative maintenance programs.
Technology & Concepts
An Introduction to the Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) process and related concepts and terminology. Participants will gain general knowledge of RCM principles. Leverage information required to perform RCM, and receive an overview of how that information is used. This training course is intended to provide basic knowledge to staff who will participate in RCM analysis and managers who may want a more detailed overview of the RCM process.
- General knowledge of RCM principles
- What information is needed to perform RCM and how that information is used
- A working understanding of the planning and preparation phase of RCM Analysis
- Knowledge of the various support roles and their responsibilities within an RCM Analysis
You’ll walk away with the knowledge needed to participate as a supporting role for a RCM effort. The course provides a high-level overview in a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard JA 1011 compliant RCM process, including the 4 major elements of the RCM process.
This course provides the understanding for a support role interface during an RCM Analysis. Support roles include Equipment/System Subject Matter Expert (SME), System Engineers, Data Analysis, Logistics Support, Maintenance Planners and Maintenance Managers.
RCM Advanced Topics
An in-depth review of advanced topics that an analyst or facilitator may encounter while accomplishing an analysis effort. This course includes case studies that address project execution and implementation issues.
- A deeper understanding of the theory, processes, and procedures needed to supervise, implement and perform RCM analysis.
- Topics and knowledge for the more advanced RCM analyst with experience
- Examination of RCM Case studies to address implementation and integration issues.
- An understanding of RCM’s role within asset management
If you’re an RCM Analyst who has experience participating in RCM Analysis efforts but you need a better understanding of what is needed to lead an RCM effort, the Advanced RCM Topics Class is the course to attend. You will walk away with the knowledge as an understanding of the responsibilities to lead and implement an RCM program.
The course provides detailed instruction in a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard JA1011 compliant RCM process as well as common pitfalls encountered during an implementation effort.
RCM - Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Schedule
2019 Schedule Coming Soon
August 6-8: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – Jacksonville, FL – Call to Book 904-622-1738
August 20-22: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – Cherry Point, NC – Call to Book 904-622-1738
September 10-12: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – North Island (SD), CA – Call to Book 904-622-1738
October 29-31: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – China Lake, CA – Call to Book 904-622-1738
November 19-21: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – PAX River, MD – Call to Book 904-622-1738
December 3-5: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – Jacksonville, FL – Call to Book 904-622-1738
December 10-12: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis (Commercial)– Jacksonville, FL – Call to Book 904-622-1738
February 4-6: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – Jacksonville, FL – Call to Book 904-622-1738
February 25-27: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – Cherry Point, NC – Call to Book 904-622-1738
April 21-23: Fundamentals of RCM Analysis – PAX River, MD – Call to Book 904-622-1738
2019 Schedule Coming Soon
September 4-5: RCM Advanced Topics (Commercial) - Jacksonville, FL - Call to Book 904-622-1738
Email for pricing, registration information, discounts for multiple attendees and government employees.