About LPD Training
The LPD Course is designed to provide logisticians and supportability professionals with an in-depth understanding of the concepts, principles and current reference standards which guide Product Support Analysis (PSA) and LPD development, contracting, use and sustainment throughout the life cycle.
Provide useful information for logisticians and supportability professionals on the new SAE SMC LCLS (GEIA/TA) standards including insight into enhancements in the upcoming Rev C version.
Types of LPD Training
This course provides 2.5 days of classroom instruction. The course incorporates instruction, demonstrations, and discussions supported by real-world lessons learned and includes: training materials, lectures, supported by on-screen presentations, demonstrations, large group discussions, a reference library of useful information and data.
This modular course has six instructional modules of varying lengths beginning with the introduction to PSA and LPD and progresses through the remaining modules to provide a solid foundation of knowledge in today’s current developments and requirements for Logistics Product Data.
Benefits of LPD Training
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the use, application, and differences of Supportability Standards including the past MIL-STD-1388 and the new standards (GEIA-STD-0007/0017, MIL-STD-1388-2B, SAE GEIA-STD-0007-B, SAE TA-HB-0007-1, SAE GEIA-HB-0007, SAE TA-STD-0017).
- Understand the of the various LPD reports, their uses and how to review them
- Understand and justify the requirements for PSA & LPD throughout the life-cycle
- How to contract for LPD
- An introduction to some of the LPD tools currently available today
Who is LPD for?
This course is designed for logisticians and supportability professionals with experience in PSA, Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), maintenance planning and/or supportability experience but provides benefit to anyone involved in supportability analysis from entry level to subject matter experts.
Training $899 USD per student.
For more information please contact Alysia Rodgers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Discounts Available.
The LPD Course
Module 1: LPD & PSA Introduction
- Definition of LPD
- Purpose/usage of LPD
- Definition of PSA
- Evolution of LSA/LPD
- PSA overview
- PSA in acquisition
- The six PSA activities
- The breakdown of the thirteen PSA activities
- PSA activity drill-down example
Module 2: Definitions of LPD Data Entities & Elements
- Introduction to LPD documentation
- Data entities’ interrelationships
- Relational data entity elements
Module 3: LPD Data and Output Reports
LPD Candidate Definition
- Logistics Control Number (LCN) and LCN structure
- Task codes
- Task analysis
- Overview of LPD reports and comparison from 1388-2B to current standard
- LSA/LPD Report 019 task analysis report overview, entities, DEDs and review processes
- LSA/LPD Report 024 maintenance plan report overview, entities, DEDs and review processes
- LSA/LPD Report 080 Bill Of Materials (BOM) report overview, entities, DEDs and review processes
Module 4: LPD in the Life Cycle Sustainment Process
- The need for LPD sustainment throughout the life cycle
- PSA & LPD sustainment processes
- Justification for sustainment of the LPD database
- LPD in sustainment process planning
- LPD field feedback
- PSA processes that drive LPD data
- Monitoring effectiveness (Metrics) of the support system
- Updating LPD throughout sustainment
- LPD sustainment considerations
Module 5: Contracting for Logistics Product Data (LPD)
- Acquisition phases and LPD products
- Contracting process flow
- Contracting documentation
- ACT tool demo
Module 6: LPD Software Applications
- LPD Development Software Tools by ASI
- ASI ACT
- LPD Development Software Tools by LOGSA
- LPD Development Software Tools by ISS
- LPD Development Software Tools by Raytheon
- LPD Development Software Tools by Pennant
- OmegaPS Suite
- Other specialized types of LPD supporting software applications
LPD - Logistics Product Data Course Schedule
2023 Events Coming Soon
Training Information Request
We’re happy to answer you questions about our training courses. Get in contact with our team today.
"*" indicates required fields
Call or email for pricing, registration information, discounts for multiple attendees and government employees.
440 Viking Drive, Suite 230
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
330 Crossing Blvd., Suite 300,
Orange Park, FL 32073
Crystal City, VA
Oklahoma City, OK
Patuxent River, MD
San Diego, CA
Get in Touch